Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wow! What a day.

It is 8:40 am and I am not looking forward to the rest of the day.

Since I went to bed last night, I awoke in the middle of the night to my daughter sobbing because she had diarrhea and didn't know what to do about it. It took a while to calm her down enough to get her cleaned up - then I had to spend some time cleaning up the mess off the floor. Needless to say, I was exhausted so fell back to sleep quickly - hoping for a good day, despite a potentially sick girl. No such luck. When I pried my eyes open at 8am the next morning, I heard my youngest daughter shouting, "I need to go Pobby!!!" rather urgently. I crawled out of bed and discovered that she was a naked poopy girl who was wanting to use the toilet that was currently occupied by first daughter who was attending to her business there.

Yup, Nikki had removed her poopy diaper and was gleefully running around, butt naked, shouting her favorite mantra these days, I quickly cleaned her up before she decided to make it worse while the "Pobby" was in use. I decided it was time for breakfast, so headed to the kitchen where I discovered mashed banana all over the counter. Actually, they weren't just mashed on the counter - somebody found a knife and SLICED them first, then carefully put the "evidence" away. I have no idea which child did it - but Tommy & Becky both claimed it was Nikki, so I'm sure that's entirely possible. They might have even caught her in the act and tried to help me by putting the knives away since they knew they weren't allowed to touch them. I sure wouldn't put it past her.

Anyway - I figured by this point, today was going to be an AWESOME day. Of course, with such an awesome beginning, why wouldn't it be awesome? So, for lunch I put the kids in the car so we could meet Daddy for lunch somewhere. I called him on the phone to see where to meet him. While on the phone with him, I realized that the road was especially rocky today. Like REALLY ROCKY! So I figured that it probably wasn't the road. I got out of the car and sure enough, it wasn't the road. The car had a flat. Tom told me I shouldn't have asked what else could go wrong. I laughed and told him I figured that with the morning I had, at some point it was bound to get better - and that I wasn't trying to jinx myself by asking what else could go wrong.

Thankfully he's a wonderful husband and father and suggested that instead of us driving to meet him for lunch, he would come home so we could have lunch together and he would re-inflate the tire to get it back home - and some other time we could get the tire fixed. Ahh - my hero! In so many ways. :)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment